Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Break!



A week off of classes to have fun in the sun...or not, really. It'll be a fun week even without the sun, though. I plan on sleeping, reading, and watching baseball, often at the same time. A couple of days will be spent in the Old Port, hopefully, wandering around, and I may take up residence in a corner of Longfellow's Bookstore. It'll be fun; no doubt of that. Can't wait for baseball, hardly any time now. Fantasy draft just concluded; I don't love my team yet, but it's growing on me as we speak. I didn't get some of my favorites; I forgot about the draft, came in late, and had to deal with some automated picks. Robinson Cano instead of Dustin Pedroia, for example. Sigh. The Yankee will of course have to go.

But of course fantasy baseball isn't all-important (just close). In the wide world of Colby there's a lot going on. The student government elections, concluded in my case, are still being contested for the position of overall president and vice president. After some issues with disqualification and the threat of disbanding the student government altogether (apparently only 200 student signatures are needed, which is a piece of cake), the elections are going to be run again, just for the top positions. I keep my post no matter what. I plan on dealing with this kind of insubordination very harshly when I take office, and may enforce martial law in the dorm.

I need to sleep before my trip down tomorrow; I'm luckily going with people I know, but they still won't cut me slack if I'm late. I'll post again from Portland!

No comments: