Thursday, March 06, 2008

It's March

And the weather defies all patterns. Yesterday felt like spring in the morning - the temperature was upwards of forty, the snow was melting, the birds were singing. By two in the afternoon, though, it was cloudy and cold again. By nine it was snowing, which turned to rain, which froze, and by ten this morning it was hail coming down. As enjoyable as hail is (which is to say, not much), I would much rather have some nice weather, say a balmy 45 some day. Alas, it is not to be. I can freely say that I am good and sick of the snow, but I dread the spring melt. All that water will need somewhere to go...and there aren't storm sewers on campus. Goodbye snow, hello mud. Ah well.

Broomball is genuinely over; we played as the sixth seed in an eight team playoff and lost our game, 2-0. Next up on the schedule will be softball or soccer...I'm leaning towards softball. I've never liked soccer in the spring...too wet.

Biology exam taken and done with; math quiz the same; chem exam graded and handed back. I did considerably better than I thought I had...yay. Tomorrow is my gift day; no class, radio show at eight, work on homework (silly, I know), and then work at two-ish. Then it's Friday, and then it's the weekend again.

I've been typecast in BMR - we're singing Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat, and I'm playing the Devil. Which is perfectly alright with me, aside from the fact that the notes are nearly all far out of my range. I'm no tenor anymore...solid bass power here, and I'm glad we're singing Impossible Dream, so I get to show off some of that. Nothing better than being a bass. Tune in tomorrow; I'm not sure what I'll be playing, but you know it'll be good. Play it in school; it's clean. I might spring for the new Golden Smog cd on iTunes...although I may consider it inferior to Media Player, the store can come in handy. For now, I will read my book about the history of chocolate, and go to bed. Guten Nacht! Bis morgen! (I get to refresh my German skills; a couple friends are taking it). Tchuss!

Oh, and RIP Gary Gygax.

No comments: