Friday, March 14, 2008

Bite Me

Being sick sucks. Having the flu sucks even more. I'm glad that the flu shot I shelled out for was effective. So after a truly awful night I'm feeling mostly better; although certainly not at a hundred percent, I should make it through the day.

Aside from being ill, there are exciting things afoot. The interview on air went well; the publicity agents filmed the whole thing and the only complaint I have is that somebody walked off with my cd lists, so I was playing blind for a good portion of the show. Ah well.

I've been awake for far too long, honestly. Because I crawled into bed at nine, and because trying to sleep with the flu is a literal waking nightmare, I woke up and took a shower before realizing that it was just past three in the morning. I slept another couple hours after the shower, but I'm awake again and wondering whether or not to go to class. I emailed all my professors last night with a basic "I'm sick; don't expect to see me in class," but I feel like I should go to class.

Reading Pontoon by Garrison Keillor, and glad for a nice easy read. It's a fun book, and considering that next on the agenda is The Historian, it's a nice break from a long read like that. Anyways...snow in the forecast for tomorrow...fun. Farewell! May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can get tamiflu within 24 hours (48?) of the onset of symptoms it should fix you right up (assuming that what you have is influenza and not an ILI). Call your friends at the health center. Also not a good idea to go to class if you're contagious.

achilles3 said...

drink more water :-)