Thursday, March 27, 2008

Certifiably Insane


I've been absolutely devouring books over break, and have made my way through two Civil War books by the Shaara father-son duo, the second book in a series by John Twelve Hawks, and Good Omens. Right now I'm reading The Historian, a remarkably good, if dark book.

Watched the FX series "The Riches" for the first time last night. Eddie Izzard stars, which for me is a good reason to watch it, but it's actually a pretty good show. I'd never heard of it before, but according to Wikipedia it's been nominated for Emmys, so I guess it's decent enough. Part of the soundtrack was The National "Start a War," which was another reason to like it.

Watching late night television for the first time in a long time, I hadn't realized the amount of swearing that Leno and Letterman do. Not to come off as a prude (I certainly swear far more than I should), but...wow. Disregarding the fact that both of them think that they're funnier than they really are, the swearing kind of puts me off. There are times when a swear is appropriate, like when frustrated, angry, emotional...times like that. Swearing randomly...for lack of a punchline...not really that appealing to me.

Listening to the Eels right now. Time for dinner at IHOP, so for now, adieu.

1 comment:

achilles3 said...

The National rules!