Monday, February 04, 2008

Whaddya Know?


Not much, that's for sure. Ironically, as my free time decreases, my posting is likely to increase. This could be for a couple different reasons: one, more stuff is happening to talk about, and two, I have less actual free time and more time to ignore work (hence blogging).

Right now, right before classes resume, it's more likely reason number one. I went out hiking today, near Sugarloaf. It's only about an hour and a half drive from campus (although we managed to make it about two), and totally worth it. No pictures (no camera), but I'll see if I can steal other peoples'. All sorts of stuff to look at; coyote prints, snow everywhere, funny roadway signs on the way up. My favorite: a tiny (tiny!) sign that said "BUMP." I hardly had time to register the sign before the whole car lurched over what is possibly the single largest speedbump in the world. That's how it felt, at least.

Notes from last night: Yes, I'm still amazingly excited about winning the freaking Superbowl. However, I decided against the Giants hat when I went to Farmington to eat. Lots of irate Pats fans out there...and punk kids like me with Giants hats are probably not going to be well received. I was told to burn the hat a week before the game...imagine what would happen now. Still, Plaxico Burress is my man, as is Eli Manning (Peyton can go suck an egg), and pitchers and catchers report to camp in a little more than a week. Exciting times!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interested in donating money to Dusch's third bell Pasta fo' Pennies? Michael Barger gave 150 to Emily, and I know you can do better than that. So... alms for the poor?

Anonymous said...

You "have less actual free time and more time to ignore work?"

Probably not good policy for the new semester.

DanEcht said...

To my brother: I have not got enough money to make that much of a donation. We'll see about that...

To my father: It was a joke.

andrew said...

your dad has the id "checkbook"? nice.