Wednesday, February 06, 2008

First day of classes

And once more, I actually follow up a title with a related blog post. See, much as I hate to acknowledge it, today was really the first day of regular classes since the beginning of December. My schedule is horrendous on certain days of the week: Mondays are a solid block, nine to six. Tuesdays have two classes, at nine and then again at noon, and work at the bookstore in the afternoon. Wednesdays are solid nine to four. Thursdays are completely free, but I'll be working in the bookstore pretty much all afternoon until chorale at four. Fridays are nine to one, and then bookstore after lunch. Today was slightly improved, as there was no lab to tie up my lunch hour.

What are these classes, you ask? Well, even if you weren't asking, I'll tell you anyway. They're remarkably similar to those I took last semester: biology, chemistry, Italian, and multi-variable calculus. Buckets and buckets of fun, indeed. Tomorrow's looking up, though, something like four packages should be arriving in the mail. One of those should bear a Giants logo, but that's not headed for my mailbox. No, that's headed straight to the one who foolishly bet against the Giants and is now going to wear a hat commemorating the Superbowl victory for the next month or so.

Although classes partially blocked my enjoyment of this, today was just about the first real packing snow that's fallen this winter. A snowball fight is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon...yes, it is scheduled...otherwise people can't be there. I personally vote for spontaneous, mostly because I can't resist pegging people in the back on the way to the dining hall. It's things like that that enamor me to people...anyway, to bed. I have to be up and ready to work at the bookstore at eight, and that translates to bed now. Although I really don't think I'll get to sleep until at least midnight...nevertheless, even lying in bed reading is better than staring at the computer screen.

A quick note: Firefox has a wonderful (though questionable) add-on that lets you download streamed content. So if you're listening to, say, Seeqpod, and you want to get a track that you could burn to CD, or listen to without internet access at places like the airport, the add-on lets you do that. Beautiful...

1 comment:

achilles3 said...

firefox is the shiz!