Monday, December 17, 2007

You know you're bored when...

Today was quite possibly the most boring day I've ever had at Colby. It's a Monday, which automatically makes it bad, but it's also the second to last day that students are allowed to be on campus. The college is virtually empty - of around 2000 students, I estimate about 200 or less to still be on campus. Aside from the friend I'll be riding to Portland with tomorrow, there are about ten people I actually know left here. That being said, I spent the day (since I woke up at 10) on my computer. Aside from lunch (ate alone), saying goodbye to the last few stragglers I know leaving today, making popcorn, and dinner (with a friend), I've been holed up in my room listening to the local classic rock station and playing various computer games. I even sunk so low as to try the Survivor computer game Austin loaned me. I gave that up after I got voted out in the third tribal council. (Austin, by the way, is the resident reality show fanatic. He's currently hosting the campus Survivor game I think I mentioned in a post last month. I'm participating, so I can't tell you what's going on. You'll have to wait for it to all come out on Youtube.)

Other than computer games, I spent about ten minutes packing for the trip tomorrow. How did I make my packing time that short? Easy. I simply shook out the contents of my laundry basket over my empty bag. I'll be doing a rather large load of laundry on Wednesday.

I was just reminded of my love for the Sox...if you're a Red Sox fan, check this site out.

Because I'm feeling random: the song I'm currently listening to? The Grand Duel, Parte Prima, from Kill Bill. Thanks to Seeqpod and Mr. Dusch for the tunes. Next up on the playlist is the theme from Jurassic Park. I do so love John Williams. After that, I'm thinking the theme from Shaft.

While you're at it, check out this video. And this one. And finally, this one. No, I'm not going to embed them. I'm too lazy right now to do that.

Now for some Allman brothers...then House of the Rising Sun. And then possibly a movie...either Airplane or Munich. They're very, very different. I'm not sure. I watched Saving Private Ryan and Miracle last night with a few friends, but they're all gone now. I'm not sure if I'm up to watching Munich alone...I might have to move away from the window.

For now, goodnight. I'll probably post again when I'm sitting in the Portland Jetport for hours and hours tomorrow. I need to find some headphones.

No comments: