Thursday, November 01, 2007

On myself


You know, I haven't really been clear on who exactly I am. I'm a mystery person, unless you happen to know me/read my blogger profile. So because I want to, and really because I wanted to post and couldn't think of a good topic...this one's about me.

So to start: I'm a college freshman, at Colby College in Waterville Maine. If you've never been, go. It's totally worth it because the weather is great (it's New England) and everybody is nice. So I'm here at college, getting used to the idea of not having to let somebody know where I am at all hours, not having a curfew, not having to sleep in my own bed every night (before you go there, don't). All in all, college life is pretty sweet. Classes for me are intro chem and bio, single variable calc, and intro Italian. They're "fun."

One thing I've noticed about college is that I have way too much free time. Even with a job at the campus bookstore, four classes, two labs, homework, etcetera etcetera, I still find time enough to blog, read, talk, watch way too much British comedy, etcetera etcetera. Along with this, the Red Sox made yet another march through the post season, which meant a month of games and post game coverage. Hours and hours with my butt parked in front of a TV. But that's okay, because they won it all, and it made it all worthwhile. But I'll save the Sox for another post.

Personal interests...hmmm...I do read a lot. Book reviews will definitely be part of this blog, but I'm not anticipating going beyond "this is good. read it." Right now I'm reading "Q" by Luther Blissett, a novel about the Enlightenment. I finally finished "Cell" by Stephen King, after reading the first three chapters a year ago and then losing the book. My favorite authors are definitely sci-fi/fantasy writers: Tolkien, Terry Pratchett, Terry Brooks, Neil Gaiman ("Anansi Boys" is a new favorite), Asimov, Barron. I also watch some TV, my favorite shows being House and The Office. Scrubs is a newcomer to my scene, but it's growing on me. Old favorites are Friends, Frasier, Seinfeld, Will and Grace, Arrested Development. I also like online games (the kind where you don't play with other people). phschemguy over at idtmi.blogspot.com is my source for a lot of them.

I think that pretty much wraps it up for my debutante post. Look for more later.

2 comments:

PHSChemGuy said...

Nice to meet ya, phsstudent

DanEcht said...

Well met indeed.