Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Whoopdee

Just a quick note: this is the same blog. I was tempted to tell you that your browser screwed up something awful, but you are indeed correct. I messed with the colors and picked a new title, that's all. And now, the feature presentation.

I'll be heading back to school in two days, and already I've noticed something big: I want to go back. Never before have I spent a vacation wondering when I'll be able to finally get back to school, but here I am just wishing I was at Colby.

The explanation I've come up with is simple enough: I had a routine at school, what with the classes and the socializing and the living five minutes from everything and everyone. Being home, no matter how great it is to see everyone, is interrupting that routine, and I want to get back to what I've become accustomed to. So I'll be flying back Friday with a sense of relief that I'll finally be able to return to life as I've come to know it.

Side note: I'm going to try getting into the high school tomorrow after school, seeing as it's my last chance to do so.

Aside side note: If I use a word that is elevated in the society of wordsmiths, will my blog's readability go up? For example, discombobulate. If I type discombobulate enough times, will the complicated lexicon I've adopted create a false sense of lexicographic intellectualism? I wonder...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or is it hard to read the text on this new background color?

PHSChemGuy said...

Nope, it's not just you. The black text on red background is very hard on the eyes.

Good to see the new title, though...

PHSChemGuy said...

the white is much easier to read...you might try for a light grey to match the alma mater's colors...

and I hear iot's 23 below zero in Augusta...be thankful that you're not going back to school 'til tomorrow...

Anonymous said...

Perhaps this site http://www.recommendedwebtools.com/index.php/329/improve-readability-color-contrast-analyzer/ (and related ones) can guide your choices of colors, fonts, etc.

Anonymous said...

Your lecixon achieves almost a prodigious intelegence.

andrew said...

the title is still too hard to read.

and a nice red would be, well, nice I guess. We're a little orange at the moment.

YAY for OSU colors!

DanEcht said...

It's not OSU colors, jackass

Anonymous said...

Brutus.