Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Return to Normality?

Hopefully. I've finally caught up with all my work, and the next week, at least, should be pretty peaceful. Then, of course, comes exams in all the classes, and then another week or so before finals. But of course I'm tired of talking academics...I declared a major, biology, although I'm considering history. Given that I haven't actually taken a history class here yet, I'm going to hold off on actually declaring it as my major.

Enough academics. Other events coming up/recently past: I'll be playing softball on a recreational team, which promises to be enjoyable. I couldn't get enough people together to captain my own team, so I'll be playing *pause for dramatic/humorous effect* for the Colby Christian Fellowship team. Chances are it's better than the team the campus Hillel is fielding, anyway.

Lessee...that's actually about it, really. Other than watching the Red Sox whenever there's a game (they're finally winning, yay), being won over by Vampire Weekend and hoping that they will release a second CD as good as their first, and being introduced to Buffy, not much is going on.

I have job(s) for the summer, which is nice; I'll still be working at veterinary clinics, probably splitting hours between two. I can hardly wait to be out of here...as much as I love it here, I'm looking forward to a time when getting home doesn't bring work with me. Plus, I want summer and all the glorious things that come with it...even though the Reds aren't selling tickets to the Red Sox series, I still plan on absorbing as much baseball as possible during the summer (radio, internet radio, TV, possibly games at GABP? I never know).

I actually had less to write than I thought I did...I suppose that's good, considering I should probably sleep. One more quick thing: finally having interesting things to do in lab, for example getting a solution that may or may not contain certain metals, and performing a series of tests of my own design to determine what metals are in the given solution. Fun! And until whenever...so long, and thanks for all the fish.

No comments: