Tuesday, April 08, 2008

It's been a while

Life right now is hell. After a full week of BMR and not really being able to do anything but sing, dance, drink, and sleep, all my work hit me really hard Sunday and Monday. Thankfully the worst of it is over after the chem exam this (Tuesday) evening, at which point I'll be able to relax and gain some sleep. Depending on how I'm doing Wednesday evening, I may choose to sleep in and skip the radio show. That's unlikely, though, as I want to play more Vampire Weekend. I'm so infatuated with their sound right now...I also have lots and lots of The National to unload over the air. Playing three songs every two hour show means that getting through all of it is highly unlikely. Ah well.

A little highlight today was finding out that East Quad will not be chem free next year. I now have the option of taking the duties of dorm president in a dorm that is no longer what I thought it would be when I ran, or I can move to another chem free dorm. The chem free dorm that is likely to be offered me is out of the way and not a terrific place to live. This year it was the party dorm, and in general it's dark and dingy. So...I think I'll take my chances with living in a non chem free dorm next year. I'll still have a single (although possibly not the one I wanted - that may be turned into a lounge area, so I'd lose the fireplace), so...all in all, not terrific, but not the most terrible thing ever. The only real problem is that now my friends who were going to live chem free will now no longer be in my dorm...which sucks. Argh.

Anyways, worse things have happened. The shows went great, and I do have a recording on disk (actually two separate disks), so everyone can see if they want. Simply put, it was...spectacular. Mass props for anybody who gets the reference.

It's late, and although I did drink soda to stay awake (I've been off soft drinks for nearly four months, but I needed the caffeine), it's starting to wear off. Writing an Italian composition does that to me...yeargh. I'm just so sick of work. I want to curl up and sleep for a couple days. That may be what happens this weekend. I might just crawl in bed Friday afternoon and not come out until Monday morning. The awesome thing is that aside from one biology paper there's nothing stopping me from doing that...we shall see. Summer is nearly here, and with it comes a steady job with no extracurricular requirements. I can't wait. It was about fifty today and sunny, and it should reach sixty by Wednesday. YAY!

That pretty much sums up my past week...I wasn't really doing much beyond BMR and going to class. Oh, and one other thing. COLBY RAISED TUITION. By 5.25 percent. To my parents: if you haven't heard yet, you will. A letter was apparently sent out last Friday. Even with the replacement of loans with grants...argh. What a pain in the tuchus.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got the letter about the increase yesterday. Whee! I would like to have a copy of the show. And "Seinfeld", right?

Anonymous said...

Are you refering to
the Terry Hatcher episode, "they're real and they're spectacular?"

Yes, my tears blotted out the last few digits, but the new comprehensive fee is comprehensively shocking.

That steady job you wrote about will depend upon you making some phone calls, no?

achilles3 said...

LOVE me some VampWeekend...
Try MGMT they rule

joey said...

so wait... im not sure i ever heard, what are you majoring in?

DanEcht said...

Probably bio...I have to declare soon