Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Winter Fun

With a full foot of snow on the ground (it just tonight became perfect packing snow, too), the radiator in my room quit. No heat all weekend, but luckily the physical plant sent a guy over when I called, and now my room is a comfortable 80 degrees. There's no balance here.

Went snowshoeing on Sunday, and will be going again next Sunday. It's a great way to take advantage of the snow, and a lot of fun to boot. On Sunday the temp was below ten; it's warmed up since then (actually, it's above freezing as I type this), but the cold should set in by Thursday or Friday. At least I've got a working radiator now.

In other news related to me, the department production of Much Ado About Nothing is progressing nicely; I have the role of Don Pedro, played by Denzel Washington in the Kenneth Branagh version of the play. The Branagh version, incidentally, is fantastic, and deserves a viewing.

Jim Rice is in the Hall of Fame; this almost makes up for the Giants' loss in the playoffs, but it was tough to see another team go down in the second round of playoffs. Hopefully the Red Sox will have a good season; the lineup and pitching rotation should combine to produce lots of wins. Hopefully.

Anyway, just a quick update. More when I'm bored at 2 AM again.

No comments: