Saturday, January 24, 2009

January continues

Went skiing for the first time ever today. Had worked out in the gym with a friend on Thursday, and my shoulders were (and are) killing me. Now my left knee is sore too. Those issues aside, however, skiing was amazing. It was a gorgeous day, and after a few runs on the bunny hill I was able to ski pretty decently (in my opinion) without too many falls. I did attempt the biggest hill on the mountain, which in retrospect was a mistake, because I couldn't slow myself down effectively and so went down a fairly steep slope going extremely fast. Suffice it to say, that fall hurt a little. Still, by the end of the day I was skiing without falling and I will go again. The mountain where we went, Titcomb (heh heh heh) only charges $18 for a day pass and $18 more for equipment rental, so to go once every month or so isn't extremely prohibitive. It was also not especially crowded. A good day, and a skill acquired. Hoorah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw in an earlier post that you wanted to know who was reading, So I guess comment so you know. I was going through facebook friends from Ohio and checking up, (it's always interesting to see what people are doing). Anyways, I was really captivated by your blog, it was interesting and to me depicted the way college life should be. It is picturesque and it makes me wish I was not in East Texas where summer looks something like 102 degrees and 100 percent humidity> It is interesting to what you are doing now. I think it also interesting that you have grown out "Danny" which seems totally logic, but something I just don't know if I will ever except.

Miranda Etkind