Monday, August 03, 2009

Wait a minute


It's August? I don't remember approving that. There are now three weeks of work left, and a month between now and my flight back to Maine.

In other, tangential news, my fantasy baseball team is struggling to overcome third place malaise. I have no points from either saves or stolen bases, and I'm not likely to get any. My hitters lead the league in RBI, runs and homeruns, which is a constant surprise to me (second in batting average). My pitching staff, normally solid each year, leads in wins but has of late taken hits to ERA and WHIP. I've got a nifty 73 points usually, but the teams ahead of me keep flirting with 80 points. I was in first back in June for a bit, but it didn't last. Trying to trade outfielders (I'm overstocked) for starting pitching with low ERA and WHIP, but I don't know if that'll work. Anyway...

Got a shortwave radio for my birthday. It's pretty awesome (see the picture above). So far I've picked up broadcasts from Cuba, Venezuela, China, Taiwan, and Romania, to name a few. Most have English broadcasts, so I'm not left guessing. Apparently the BBC doesn't broadcast to North America via shortwave anymore. I'm disappointed.

That's about it for now. I'm still hoping that the government can turn out decent healthcare reform, but pessimism is slowly creeping up on that hope. More later.

No comments: