Thursday, October 23, 2008

Go Phillies!




Seriously, f*ck the Rays. This is the only time I will mention the ALCS until at least the beginning of next season, if ever again. F*ck the Rays, and all I have to say of the catcher situation is that of Varitek, Kevin Cash and David Ross (seriously? Ross?) I would much rather have Tek and Cash. Anyway, go Phillies. I'm dubiously claiming the right to cheer for them (born in Philly!)

In other news, apparently Sarah "Maverick" Palin's threads cost a bit more than she let on. Remind you of anything? Next thing we know she'll be having a tell-all during the next Olympics.

Also, I'd like to point out that Andrew and I were Mavericks long before the Republican machine stole the term. Go Princeton debate! I still throw down the sign all the time (see above). If I see McCain and Palin doing a secret handshake that in any way resembles ours, then I'll know for sure something's fishy.

One last note: Orgo is cruel and unusual. Homework over reaction types that we haven't covered in class is just too much. Bleah. SN2 and SN1 have been learned. E1 and E2 await...and then more. Whee! Also, bacteriology rocks. Looking forward to either immunology or virology in the future. And at some point, macrobiology. Tufts was on campus today (a guy from the - get this - Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine). Hehe. Aside from scaring the crap out of me (82 admitted out of >750 applied!), it was pretty interesting. Also, I think I may go abroad after all. Now to find a program that fits my interests. Scotland or England would be fun...

Last note (for real this time!): Food would be appreciated if sent from home. Perhaps in exchange for NYT crossword puzzles? They're mostly Thursday and Friday because I do all the others, but I've managed to get doubles of some of those. We're talking about maybe a dozen to fifteen puzzles...we could make a deal, I feel. And now...music!


SeeqPod - Playable Search

6 comments:

cmorin said...

If you are going to complain about the ALCS then you are truly spoiled and just inches away from being the Yankees of old.... just my opinion.

You've won two world series since 2004 and you did them both in dramatic fashion. You get to say you were a true fan on the winning side of some amazing games. This year you went to the ALCS and almost did it again. Don't complain. You have everything.

Anonymous said...

Do the Cummings (http://www.tufts.edu/vet/) people know the Royal Dick (http://www.vet.ed.ac.uk/) folks?

andrew said...

^^^^^serious LoLs at that.

Ah, the joys of Nucleophilic substitutions and eliminations...In other news, I predict your sudden death from a severe overdose of studying :D

M!

DanEcht said...

I'm just gonna say that I'm entitled to complain when I want to...Mostly, it would have been far less painful if the Rays had finished us off in five.

Anonymous said...

Bork! Bork! Bork!

Anonymous said...

YAY PHILLIES. They are the better team. The will score more points.