Friday, October 17, 2008

Fiddling with Regularity



I'm back to the late night routine again, and we'll see how regularly I can keep it up. Pumped with adrenaline right now, though, so I won't be getting any sleep for a while. And why am I filled with energy? Because the Sox just came back from 7-0 to win 8-7 in the bottom of the ninth, that's why. Amazing.

Other notable events of the night: Met Congressman Mike Michaud, a perfectly likable person. But I would personally have to vote (if I were voting in Maine) for Professor John Frary simply because he's a character. There was a debate, but I couldn't make it.

I was too busy attending a talk by Nobel Laureate Robert Curl, and being amazed at how people take the Nobel as a token of knowledge in all areas. The talk was not actually about chemistry but about living with technology, and consisted of warnings against nuclear proliferation and a focus on population problems and carbon emissions. Then the question and answer session brought up topics like the political structure of the world and education. Not to complain about the illustrious man, but I look forward to tomorrow's talk that will actually concern chemistry.

So for right now, I'm going to coast into the weekend and try not to think about the fact that it's Parent Weekend and I'll be working at the bookstore pretty much nonstop for the next three days. Which pretty much eliminates my weekend. So...yeah. For now, sleep.

No comments: