Monday, April 27, 2009

I did promise (Sort of)

Going to see Ben Folds at U Maine Orono tomorrow. Should be a good show. Basically, I can't wait to hear songs from his latest album live. Next week I may be going to see The Thermals in Portland, but I'm not sure yet. Definitely going to see a SeaDogs game (AA baseball FTW) next Friday. School is almost over, which is freaking me out. In between now and next Friday, which is the last day of classes, I have an O-chem exam, a Roman History paper, an Immunology presentation, an O-chem lab report and a Roman Myth and Legends test. Not to mention two Chorale concerts, a student government double meeting (both at the same time!), and various other little things to be taken care of (for instance, packing all my crap up and schlepping it to Portland).

On the bright side, the summer is looking pretty solid. I have a job all lined up (assuming I ever hear from HR in Atlanta), my evenings and weekends will finally be free of worry, and most importantly I won't be working for WalMart this summer. I have a great room with a great roommate to look forward to next year, and assuming I get the classes I want (two of them are overbooked!), a pretty good schedule. Not only that, but I can (have to, actually, because of school work-study rules) cut down on my hours at the campus bookstore, since I got hired as a music director at the radio station. Now I get paid to listen to country and folk music and write blurbs for it!

Listening to Ben Folds to get in the mood for the concert, and wondering what he'll do about "You Don't Know Me," since Regina Spektor is such a big part of the song. Hm...anyway, bed for now. More later.

1 comment:

andrew said...

Meanwhile, due to the screwy schedule at OSU, I will be taking midterms next week.

I'll be in cinci for memorial day weekend. We should pay a visit to laser web.